Inhabiting a Grudge



The grudge : An inhabitable wall constructed to block the sea view for the plot behind


I was asked in 2012 to write a forgotten story from Beirut for an edited book that was being put together .  At that time I was looking into a story I had heard recently from my father. He had told me that a brother who lost most of his plot due to the roads expansion decided to build a wall to make sure his brothers plot behind his does not benefit from the sea view!

Sounds crazy yet today the structure still stands as prove to building a grudge.
To read more about building and inhabiting the grudge, Jadaliyya  has republished the essay.

Early years


Otherwise you may find the book in English or  French as Beirut re-collected or Beyrouth, chroniques et détours.

photo dated 1962 found unreferenced that shows the Grudge


http://www.jadaliyya.com/pages/index/17430/inhabiting-a-grudgen

3 comments:

  1. Termite & extermination services florida I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post blog. https://www.footslopestours.com Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete